Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Vegan Cuts: March 2014



Here is the Vegan Cuts box I got for March! It came just in time - I was about to make a run to the corner store for snacks, and lo and behold, my doorstep was holding a box filled with yummy snacks.

Review:

The OCHO Mini Coconut Candy Bar was definitely the favorite of the box - so sad to only have one bite each for Mr. Coconut and me. But, oh, what a bite it was! Basically a vegan Mounds Bar. Yum!

We also enjoyed the Salt and Vinegar flavored Tortatos -- a corn/potato hybrid chip. The texture was really interesting - hard like a tortilla chip, but had some softness like a potato chip. Yum!

Vigilant Eats cereal was delicious and made for a really great, filling hot breakfast at work.

Explore Asian Soybean noodle soup sounded promising, but Mr. Coconut did not care for it at all. I thought the noodles themselves were pretty good, specially for being gluten-free. I didn't care for the broth too much, but would not be opposed to trying a different variety.

LOCA Diet Root Beer from oogave was actually pretty great for a diet soda.

Earnest Eats Granola Bar was pretty tasty - soft, sweet, and was a filling small snack.

This morning I tried the Raw Protein Powder from Garden of Life -- I put a handful of strawberries & 8-12 ounces (so... 230-340ml) of coconut water and the packet of the protein powder. It was fine, definitely filled me up and kept me from being hungry until lunchtime - a good 4-5 hours.

I have not tried the Roots Superfood Powder yet, but when I do, I'll post a review!

I also got a gift card for Vega -- I wound up getting one single packet each of: Chocolate, French Vanilla, Vanilla Chai, and a Vega Sport electrolyte booster. So far, I've tried the chocolate - just some ricemilk blended with the powder. It was tasty and pretty filling, not chalky like some powders can be. I will also review the other flavors after I tasted them.

Here is a photo of the Vega gifts I received:




No comments: